Reproducibility Challenges and Solutions II with a Focus on Surface and Interface Analysis
Reliability and reproducibility of data and analysis issues impact most areas of modern science, including those of importance to the AVS. In 2020, JVST A published a special topic collection on Reproducibility Challenges and Solutions with a Focus on XPS. As a follow up to the first collection of papers, this collection expands into other areas of surface analysis.
This special topic collection includes issues related to AES, SIMS, LEIS, Ellipsometry and Scanning Probe methods, as well as XPS topics not fully covered in the first collection. The intent is to present papers that identify important challenges faced by analysts that often lead to incomplete or erroneous results and to identify useful protocols and other solutions.
- Don Baer, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (emeritus) (USA)
- Ian Gilmore, National Physical Laboratory (UK)
Guest Associate Editors
- Satoka Aoyagi, Seikei University (Japan)
- Kateryna Artyushkova, Physical Electronics-Phi (USA)
- Chris Easton, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation-CSIRO (Australia)
- Alberto Herrera GÃ³mez, Cinvestav (Mexico)
- Matthew Linford, Brigham Young University (USA)
- George Orji, National Institute of Standards Technology (USA)
- Alexander Shard, National Physical Laboratory (UK)
- Gustavo F. Trindade, National Physical Laboratory (UK)