We have achieved the first direct gettering of tritium gas from moist air using the dc electrical action of the solid proton electrolyte, hydrogen uranyl phosphate (HUP). The HUP action is imperfect as 90% of the original 1 ppm is gettered by the HUP while the remaining 10% forms tritiated water. Modifications to the HUP unit may be possible to reduce this HTO background.
Skip Nav Destination
Research Article| April 01 1984
Electrolytic gettering of tritium from air
P. C. Souers;
R. T. Tsugawa;
P. C. Souers, R. T. Tsugawa, C. G. Stevens; Electrolytic gettering of tritium from air. J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A 1 April 1984; 2 (2): 717–720. https://doi.org/10.1116/1.572555
Download citation file:
Don't already have an account? Register
You could not be signed in. Please check your credentials and make sure you have an active account and try again.
Could not validate captcha. Please try again.